Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend at the cabin

This past weekend we were able to go up to the cabin at Bear Lake with both of our families. We had a great time, as always. We were able to go to the beach, ride the 4-wheelers, relax and also share our big news......Spencer and I are going to be parents!!! We are 13 weeks and 5 days today and due on Feb. 23! We are so excited! I was so nervous to tell our parents, but I am glad that we waited until we were out of the high risk period (when you're most likely to have a miscarriage). We told them by taking a picture of the whole group and instead of having everyone say "cheese", Spencer had everyone say "Lauren is pregnant!". At first, everyone thought that Spencer was joking and they just laughed. But then his mom said 'wait, are you serious?', so we said yep we're serious! Then everyone got excited, hugged and told us congratulations. It was a fun way to tell everyone.

Presley and I out on the deck

everyone say cheese!

eveyone say Lauren's pregnant!

Presley at the beach

My little digger :)

One of presley's favorite people, Kirsten!

Spencer, me and the dogs (and baby!)

The drive home, Presley was pooped!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! So excited for you two! I love the way you two announced it, so clever! AND you were able to catch their reactions. Simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete