Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pregnancy

I am now 14 weeks and 4 days pregnant! I have had a pretty good pregnancy so far and I dont think that I have any room to complain. I have had nausea, but no vomiting, I have also had headaches and cramps, but my biggest complaint would have to be the fatigue. The fatigue is overwhelming and constant. I feel like I can always lay down for a nap and it's really hard to get up in the mornings. I just feel like I am missing out on things because I am always so tired. For example, Presley doesn't get as many walks and Spencer and I aren't able to go out and do as many things. I have been able to exercise though, which I think definitely helps with the fatigue. I have been doing prenatal yoga a few times a week ever since I found out I was pregnant and I also try to go to the gym once or twice a week. At the gym, I keep my workouts pretty easy, I just ride the elipticle and do some light weightlifting. Spencer has also been very supportive of me throughout the pregnancy, if I feel sick he will get me an anti-nausea pill and ask if he can do anything. If I'm really tired he doesn't push me to do anything, and he has given me plenty of backrubs. :) It's cute how excited Spencer is about the pregnancy and our baby, he is always saying that he wishes that the whole pregnancy would just hurry up already!
Before I was pregnant I was a little underweight, so my midwife wants me to gain more weight than the average pregnant woman. I am suppose to gain up to 35 pounds! Which sounds so crazy to me! I can't imagine what it is going to be like when I have gained that much weight and have a huge belly! I have already gained about 5-6 pounds and am at the heaviest weight that I have ever been. My belly started to pop out very early in the pregnancy, probably around 6 weeks. This really surprised me, I thought that wouldn't happen until I was closer to 16 weeks. That's when most women start to show with their first pregnancy. Oh well! Hopefully this just means that I will have a gradual growth and will end up with less stretch marks ;)
We have decided to have the nursery be the room that is right across the hall from our room and I can't wait to start getting it ready! I am looking forward to painting, putting the crib and changing table together and decorating! It is going to be so much fun!! I can't wait to be a mom, it is going to be so amazing to hold my little baby for the first time, February 23rd can't come soon enough!
I am planning on delivering the baby naturally, so no epidural. I have been reading about Hypnobirthing and Spencer and I are going to take a class on it Starting on September 29th. Hypnobirthing teaches relaxation and breathing techniques to help the birthing woman to stay calm and deliver without any pain medications. Most people give me some pretty weird and shocked looks when I tell them that I don't plan on having an epidural, but I am actually looking forward to the delivery. I think it's important to stay calm and relaxed and to not put any drugs into the baby. I feel like when a woman has an epidural she is missing out on an amazing once in a lifetime experience. If you don't believe me watch a video of a woman deliver without an epidural, when her baby is born and she first holds them she is overcome with joy and excitement. You don't see that with women who have had epidurals. That's just my opinion.

This is the most recent picture of my belly, it was taken at 14 weeks and 2 days

No comments:

Post a Comment