Saturday, June 9, 2012

The last 3 months

We have been SO busy the last 3 months! We have been looking for a new house, we are just ready for something new and a rambler. We found a short sale home in Hooper and we put an offer on it, but we are still waiting to find out if it was approved or not. We are keeping our fingers crossed! The house would be perfect for us!
I've been running for almost a year now and I love it! It makes me feel good and I feel stronger than ever. I have run a few 5ks, the Red RockRelay Moab (I'm also running the RRR Zion in September) and I just ran my first half marathon! It was the Bear Lake monster Run in Bear Lake. It was a hilly course and it was also mostly trails. I am really proud of myself for running it and surviving the big hills! I ran it in 2:33 (I don't remember the seconds). I'm also thinking about running my first full marathon in September. I'm going to start the training for it and see how I feel in a couple of months.
Spencer is still working at Marketstar, where he has been for like 7 years. I'm still a Diabetic home health nurse. I like it most days, but seeing the same people everyday gets a little old. lol I prefer working in the hospital where I see new people every couple of days. That probably sounds bad for a nurse to say, but I'm sure my nurse friends understand ;) Even though I don't LOVE  my job, I still plan on staying where I'm at for a couple years, the schedule is nice and I get to spend a lot of time with Dominic.
 
Dominic is getting to be such a big boy! He is 15 months old and weighs around 21.5 lbs and he is starting to get a little hair! It is very blonde and very short, but it is definitely coming in! He runs all over the place and can say Mama and Dada. He loves to dance and will start bouncing up and down and snapping his fingers as soon as he hears any music. It is adorable! He also likes to blow on his food before he eats (even when the food is cold lol), he is learning to eat with his spoons and forks, he loves dogs, and playing with water. He is just so much fun! But he is definitely getting harder to handle, he throws fits and screams plenty! Just like any other kid!
We went up to the cabin at Bear Lake for the first time over Memorial Day weekend. I ran my half marathon with Kirsten and my dad also ran the 5k. The weather wasn't great over the weekend, but it was still nice to get away and just relax. We even took Dom for a ride on the 4-wheeler! He didn't love it, but he didn't hate it either. lol We went to dinner at Cafe Sabor while we were up there and I really liked it! The chips and salsa were delicious (I'm not a big salsa fan) and I loved the lime fetuccine alfredo. It sounded like a weird combination, but it was yummy!
We are so excited for summer and warm weather! Dom and I are outside a couple times a week while I'm running and he just sits in the jogging stroller. We also got him a water table that he plays with outside. I just fill it up with water, slather him up with sunscreen and throw some toys in it and he is entertained for a while. It's awesome! I also got a punch pass to the Roy Aquatic Center. Spencer, Dom and I went for the first time last Sunday before I went to work. It was a lot of fun, Dominic really liked the baby pool and all the shooting water things. He just kept running through the water with the biggest smile on his face. I loved watching him!
I am sooo excited for our friends Lindsay and Tyler! They are 38 weeks pregnant with a baby boy, Lou is what they are going to name him! I am just so excited/anxious to meet that cute little boy! They have been through so much in the last 1.5 years, they just deserve to have a healthy baby boy that they can hold and love and stay up all night with! I know that they will cherish every moment with him!
Soooo....I was debating whether or not I would write about this on my blog or not, but I figured I don't have a lot of followers, so it doesn't really matter. lol But I had breast augmentation surgery on June 7! After pregnancy and breast feeding, they just weren't what they used to be so I decided now was the time to get it done. We don't know when or if we are gonna have another baby, I'm inbetween races right now,  and I only work every other week. June 7th just ended up being a good time for it. Spencer took 2 days off of work to be with me and to take care of Dominic. The first day was really rough, it was extremely painful! I threw up a couple of times and just sat on the couch going in and out of sleep pretty much all day. Luckily, each day has gotten a little easier and less painful. I'm still not able to do a lot, but I did make dinner tonight and helped pick up the house. The hardest part is not being able to pick up Dominic, I can tell that it is hard on him too. He doesn't understand why I can't pick him up and it is heartbreaking. :( I am also writing this under the influence of narcotics, so if something doesn't make sense, the pain meds are to blame! Our awesome friends, Tyler and Lindsay, even brought us dinner from Cafe Zupas the night of my surgery! It was delicious! Thanks Linds!! I am hoping that I can get back into running in 4 weeks, I'm not suppose to exercise for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I'm going to start walking and then start jogging around 4 weeks after surgery. I am running a 5k on August 4th (Roys days 5k) so my plan is to be able to run most of that race! I will be running it with my sister, Hillery, and hopefully Lindsay and Lou will be joining us too! I am signing my sister up for the race as her birthday present. I wanted to give her a gift of fitness and health for her birthday, and maybe she will get into running and it can be a hobby that we can do together!
Well I didn't post any pictures, but I will do a post of just pictures after this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment